Tuesday, July 15, 2014

[Wo] Men in Black

Growing up, when other children asked me my favorite color, I would always say black. Instead of buying teal converse and painting my room a plethora of girly colors, I enjoyed my black and white comforter and silver walls. The majority of my closet is black and I often get teased by roommates and friends. Growing up, my mother taught me that an item tends to be much chicer and timeless when it is in black rather than any other color. I learned that '[insert color here] is the new black' is never true, and that year after year, season after season, black still works. This romper is proof of that theory. Because of its simplicity, you can't tell who made it, or which season its from. The sunglasses and hat update the look, to have a 'cool girl' feel. 

Hat // H&M
Sunglasses // Zara
Romper // Aqua
Bag // Marc Jacobs
Shoes // Nine West



No comments:

Post a Comment