Monday, July 14, 2014

Smorgasburg

Smorgasburg (n): A little slice of Heaven located in Williamsburg Brooklyn

Saturday morning I beat all odds by actually leaving my bed before noon, and making the trek [two subway stops] to Brooklyn to see for myself the magic of Smorgasburg. As my body yearned for the traditional NYC weekend brunch, I ventured over to the Bruffin station. These geniuses have merged the best of two worlds while throwing in an international flair by combining different brunch options with a standard muffin. I was feeling particularly American as I devoured the buffalo chicken and blue cheese bruffin, as well as the Swedish bruin that contained goat cheese. I got to try two mini bruffins for only $5, but there were larger sizes as well as bruffins representing every nationality. Check out their website! I later went on to try truffle fries, which were nothing short of AMAZING. I wish I could say that I split them with my roommate, but sadly this was a one-man job, and I don't regret any minute of it. A couple other tasty treats I tried were a spicy pig in a blanket, the infamous Ramen Burger and a mango lemonade. At one point I actually started getting cocky thinking I was a judge on Top Chef. I was comparing 'flavors' and commenting on the preparation and serving techniques of the booths. Who do I think I am??? Anyway, if you want to feel like you have the palette of Tom Colicchio as you gaze at the NYC skyline and lounge on the grass, Smorgasburg is a must try!

The United Nations of Bruffins

Truffle Fries

New Yorkers stuffing their faces

A happy girl about to be taken over by a food coma



No comments:

Post a Comment